Business network installations and support
- Ethernet Networks - These types of networks use special cables to connect your different computers and peripheral devices. Doc's Computer Services can assist with the purchasing and installation of the necessary hardware and configuration of the network in your office. Doc's Computer Services is also on call to perform upgrades (adding client computers) and with general system maintenance.
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) Networks - Wireless networking is now widely available and is a common method of connecting computers. Instead of using wires to transmit data, your computers will communicate via radio frequency transmissions. Also, laptops connected wirelessly can be used anywhere in your office. But, wireless networks demand additional security methods to prevent others (outside your office) from accessing your valuable data.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) - A VPN is a communications network tunneled through another network, and dedicated for a specific network. One common application is secure communications through the public Internet, but a VPN need not have explicit security features, such as authentication or content encryption. VPNs, for example, can be used to separate the traffic of different user communities over an underlying network with strong security features.
Home network setup and support
Home networks are growing in popularity. With your computers networked, you can:
- Allow two or more computers to share a single Internet connection (dialup, DSL or Cable) using hard-wire or wire-less connections
- Share a single printer between computers
- Share files such as images, spreadsheets and documents
- Play multiplayer games that allow users at different computers
Internet and email connections
Having trouble with a new or existing Internet connection. Doc's Computer Services understands dial-up, DSL, U-verse, Cable, and other modes of Internet access
Have a question for Doc's Computer Services? Contact Doc Here.